Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Lil' Bit of fluff

Good morning!!  I received some exciting news yesterday.  I had submitted some layouts to the Scrapbook News and Review online magazine, and I received an email yesterday saying that 4 of them were selected to be published in the Jan 16th issue!  This is a first for me...so I'm pretty excited!!

Now, for my layout.  This is my darling niece...who is now 17 years old.  This is an old picture that I scanned and printed in order to scrap.

I created this layout for the monthly leftovers challenge at scrapbook.com, but I failed miserably.  Everything here is made with leftovers and scraps, but the thing is, you aren't supposed to create anything new.  Well, even though I did use scraps, I did create new flowers and a clothesline and a vine.  I created a tutorial for these flowers, you can find it here.  Check it out for a flower naming contest with a small prize for the winner.

The background was made with scraps of Basic Grey Two Scoops and Phresh and Phunky, and the alphas are from the Porcelain collection.  The clothesline was cut with my Silhouette and I colored the garmet with colored pencils.  The flowers were made out of the matching scraps of the Basic Grey paper.  The bling was left over from a piece I had cut and used on another layout.  All the little pink roses and the pearls and chipboard were from used packages.

The title is a play on my niece's nickname "Little Bit".  As she got older, it evolved into just "Bit" and later "Bitter Bug" which is the one I still like to call her.  She told us over the holidays that we weren't supposed to call her that...and I told her, taking our nickname for her away from us was taking a little piece of our heart away.  She has decided that family can still use her nickname!  She is a sweetie and I am soo proud of the young lady she has become! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Stephanie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new look!
Your LO of your niece is adorable. I love the color choices and the clothsline is so very cute and such a perfect embellie for your photo.

Either I am blind, or have you left the link to your etsy shop off? I need that link, can't live without it. LOl..

Unknown said...

This is WONDERFUL news! Congratulations on being published; you most definitely deserve it. And (really, I get how, but) HOW can such a gorgeous page be a fail?! Really, it is so cute and your flowers are stunning; the title is so stinkin' cute!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

How cute is she. That clothesline is so perfect for this layout. Wonderful design. Have to also say congratulations on being published....

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout thanks for sharing!

Eltringham said...

Congrats Steph! Your layouts are amazing and your flowers are awesome! I plan on trying to make quite a few. You have so much talent, good luck on all you do!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! and what a cute LO, love the rope with clothes...and the flowers are gorgeus!!