Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All About Me layout & Prince Charming layout

I've decided to take a chance and apply for the staffer position at Scrapbook News and Review.  One of the requirements for applying was to create a new layout all about me.  This is what I came up with.  The title is (of course) the name of my blog.  I used paper from Black Market Paper Society Lucky 'n Love collection.  I love this paper, the designs and colors are gorgeous, but I also love the neat texture of it!  The layout started off as a lift from Robin Shakoor's 'look' layout.  My friends at Jaff Jr. (at Scrapbook.com) and I decided to have a small cyber crop Saturday night and we picked layouts for eachother to lift.  It was great fun to have a cyber crop (my first one), and we are planning to have them on a more regular basis now.

The journaling was done in Adobe PSE9, printed and then cut with Spellbinders labels 4 die.  I have to thank Jaime and Jill, friends of mine from sb.com for helping me to word everything and pretty much do the journaling!  They both said such wonderful and positive things about me!  I am truly blessed to have such great friends!  The journaling reads:

I’m Stephanie, AKA

Stet-z. I’m married to a fantastic
guy, and we have 3 great children. By
day, I’m an office manager, maid, chauffer
and cook, but by night, I’m a flower & bling
making maniac! My creative passion is
shown in my scrapbooking, altered art, home
decor, and cards. I love the creative process
of making my own embellishments & figuring
out different ways to manipulate paper into
art. My blog is my outlet and a way to share
my discoveries with others,which has also led
me to open an Etsy store. I don’t believe in a
“right” way to be creative or being limited to
a certain “look”. The creativity in my pages
has also inspired in me a creative passion for
photography.I am really sweet, honest,
and thoughtful. I am a Christian,
and I want to be all that I
can be.

The flowers and bling were all handmade by me.  You can follow my tutorials (links in the right sidebar) to create flowers just like these!!  The leaves are Heartfelt Creations leafy swirls stamps that I stamped with forest moss distress ink, fussy cut out, then sprayed with olive vine and red velvet glimmer mist.  I shaped and dried them, then attached.  Those beautiful black and teal butterflies are from Kay's Kreative Korner Etsy shop.  You really have to check out her shop, she has gorgeous items!!! 





This layout was just one I finished up last week.  I wanted to do something different than I normally do.  I sprayed sapphire glimmer mist on the white paper.  I stamped some borders on each side of the picture matting and stamped some stars and swirls, but ended up covering those up mostly, b/c I didn't care for how they looked.  I used some rub-ons from Fancy Pants Papa collection.  I used some paper and chipboard stickers from Bo Bunny Block Party collection.  Added some random buttons and called it finished!  Oh...the title is a sticker.  It was a pretty easy layout, and I really liked doing something a bit different!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look!!!  Wish me luck with the staffer position!

Stephanie

6 comments:

Diana Joy said...

Your layout is beautiful and very creative. Good luck getting the position you want.

Melody said...

GREAT layouts!! I really like the prince charming one!! The stars really set off!!

~Finallymama

Just Jaime! said...

Glad to help! Love the way it turned out!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Oh my gosh, those flowers are so awesome. WOW! What a gorgeous layout......

Kay F said...

Fabulous work! How did I miss these pages? I really like the page you did on yourself. Your handmade cluster of flowers are so very pretty...good luck on getting on the staff of Scrapbook News and Reviews...

runzalot81 said...

I love both of these! I don't think I've seen "prince charming" and I REALLY like it. Really great work lately, Stetz :)