Saturday, December 4, 2010

My 2nd Desktop Calendar

I finished another desktop calendar...not sure what I'm going to do with these...but I like making them!

I also used K & Company Roam patterned paper for this one. I water distressed the yellow and brown pieces then hot glued them on.  The tree was a stamp I colored with coloring pencils, embossed with clear powder, then fussy cut out.  The three mini roses were white and I misted with meadow glimmer rmist and kiwi perfect pearl mist.  You can find mini roses in my Etsy shop, link is on the right sidebar.  The larger flower was made out of matching CS and I put some diamond dust on it...its a new design I have come up with and I'll get a tutorial up soon....that is, if I can come up with a name for it. 

The bird was also a stamp that I stamped on the same paper as the flower, embossed using aged mahogony distress ink and clear embossing powder, then fussy cut out.  The little piece of burlap, the 3 leaves, and the basket of fruit are all stickers.

I have mixed feelings about this...I love it, but I don't, but I'm not sure why...LOL  DD says she just doesn't like the basket of fruit...maybe that is it...but I was going with a summertime theme for this...so it seemed to go and it is a pretty little sticker with glitter...lol

The calendar I made in Microsoft Word.  If you'd like it to use, just let me know your email address and I'll mail it to you.  I just used brads to hold it on to the brown piece, then hot glued the brown piece.



 This is the side shot of what it should look like.  I used the cardboard backing off a pack of patterned paper.  I cut it in half for 2 6 X 12 sheets (2 calendars).  I cut 1/4" off the bottom, so I could wrap paper around the entire length (I think the back and side look a lot better this way).  I put my paper on, fold the sides, top and bottom, like you are going to glue it down.  This will create a little square in all 4 corners, use an exacto knife to cut that out then fold your sides again and adhere to the back.  I took another piece of paper that was 6 X whatever length (but at least 6" long) and adhered that to the back, so it covers up where I folded the sides and top.  You'll see that on the bottom pic. 

I scored the lenth at 6", 7 1/2", and 9".  The 6" score line you will fold back, the 7 1/2" score line fold forward, the 9" score line fold back.  As you can see, the brown backing piece on my bottom part buckled up, but that is OK.  If anyone wants to be that picky, then I just won't give them a calendar LOL.  .

Use hot glue (or something really strong) to glue the edge of the length against the back of the calendar.  This one sits a little straighter than my last one, which I like better...but it's not straight up and down.  I glued the edge probably about 2" up from the bottom.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!  If you make a calendar...I would love to see it, so leave me a link!!!
Now, I'm off to work on Christmas cards (ugh...don't like cards) for the mailman and the daycare/pre-k workers!  As always, thank you for looking and have a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

Gail T. said...

I would love a copy of the MS Word file for your adorable calendar! My email is: ltorres10@comcast.net. Thanks for sharing!