Thursday, November 25, 2010

DIY Background layout

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!  I hope it is a wonderful day and you have bunches of delicious food to eat!

My latest layout is for the Do-It-Yourself challenge at scrapbook.com hosted by Wendy G.  This is for the background paper category, and I tried some new techniques on it.

The background paper started out as white cardstock.  I first lightly sprayed with pink bubblegum glimmer mist to add a subtle color.  I then took a Prima Donna Downey large Stem Foam Stamp covered it thickly in FolkArt Baby Pink acrylic paint and stamped it on my background.  I poured clear UTEE over the stamped paint, shook off the excess and heated it up.  It came out really cool...some parts of it shiney and some raised and bubbly.  I then took the Heidi Swapp Mega Heart Mask and Heidi Swapp Mini Butterfly mask, along with some paper flourishes...layered them on the sheet and sprayed with Chalkboard strawberry shortcake glimmer mist.  I took the Tim Holtz Flourish mask, layered it on the upper corner and sprayed with Patina glimmer mist.  In the upper left corner, I stamped some flourishes and wet distressed the 2 bg pieces of patterned paper.

I took a doily and cut it apart and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to layer it under the pic and in the corner.  The PP is Basic Grey Two Scoops.  I cut apart a (gasp) store bought bling to layer along the edge.  Added some chipboard pieces, heart stickers, and white pearls to my cluster.   The flowers are all from Prima...trying to use up my old stash since I make my own now and prefer to just use them.

The picture is my DD when she was just about a month old.  Boy, how the time flies!!  Here are the pics and a few close-ups!





Thanks so much for looking & I hope you have a wonderful day!  Happy Thanksgiving again!

2 comments:

Kay F said...

What a pretty layout! I like how you did the embossing with the UTEE & that doily adds just the right touch! Also, I like how you embellished the flowers!

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving alongside all your loved ones...

Cooking Katie said...

Good shaare